Data Centre Engineer
IT & Telecomms
Looking for an award-winning, Best Place to Work, Australian owned organisation? You have come to the right place! From humble beginnings in a garage back in 1988, we have grown rapidly over the past 30 years to be Australia’s largest privately owned IT MSP, simply by Keeping Technology Human. That means we treat our “Interacts” and customers with respect and genuinely want to be part of their journey.
Our customers trust us to hold their most important data, support their critical devices, and secure their systems.
By choosing us, we offer you the opportunity to be part of a diverse group of “Interacts” where you will learn and work with some of the best in the industry and be able to accelerate the growth of your career. Interested? Read on and don’t forget to visit our website – https://www.interactive.com.au
About the role:
In an era of uncertainty, our state of the art, ISO 27001 accredited data centres located across Australia ensure our customers data is always secure.
As a team member in our Data Centre, you will be responsible for ensuring our data centre service is best in class. You will assist with the daily operations of the data centre to ensure a positive customer experience by providing secure, resilient and quality data centre services.
Some of the key things you’ll do
- Delivery of data and electrical cabling, to customer racks and equipment.
- Attend to customer requests in the data centre and managed office environments.
- Assist with the maintenance of all core electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ensure that infrastructure problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide technical and general support on a wide range of ICT infrastructure used in the data centre.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience with data centre infrastructure and data centre operations.
- Good electrical knowledge relating to data centre power supply, including understanding of UPS, power distribution and backup power generation.
- Its highly desirable that you hold a current Cabling licence preferably with structured cabling systems, optical fibre and hold current testing endorsements.
Why choose us?
- We believe everyone is unique, and we want you to bring your + to work every day.
- We’re a sustainable organisation. As a RE100 member, we’ve promised to be 100% sustainable by 2025.
- Developing our people means everything to us – we take our people’s growth and development seriously, so much so that we’ve developed our own bespoke learning academies.
- Paid volunteer leave, fundraising events, numerous staff benefits and discounts from some of our amazing partners, monthly staff lunches and a free on-site barista in our Melbourne and Sydney offices.
- And most importantly, we genuinely want you to make a difference.
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!