Head of Applications
Interactive is Australia’s largest privately owned IT services provider. We support more than 2,500 Australian businesses to keep their organisations connected and secure.
Our customers trust us to hold their most important data, support their critical devices, and secure their systems.
And, not to boast, but we were named the #1 Best Place to Work in Australia 2020.
Making all of this happen is our talented, dedicated and unique people who bring our purpose, to Keep Technology Human, to life every day – and we’re adding to our team!
About the role:
In this in-house role, you’ll lead an established team that owns and manages the lifecycle of our applications portfolio. This includes engaging with the business to define and implement new requirements, application strategies, ongoing application support and maintenance to maximise productivity and enable the business to grow further.
Our current application stack includes Microsoft Dynamics’ ERP and CRM products and our application roadmap includes further customisations and enhancements for this platform, as well as the implementation of several other SAAS based products.
You’ll inherit a high-performing team that consists of developers, functional consultants and BA’s and will work as part of our broader Technology team of 40+ staff.
Some of the key things you’ll do
- Engage with senior leaders to understand business strategy and work with your team to bring these to life.
- Connect business strategy to application strategies and maintain business aligned application roadmaps.
- Oversee lifecycle of applications including assessment for fit, onboarding, implementation, maintenance and decommission.
- Development and implementation of a new application support model and capability.
- Oversee a ‘Dev/Ops’ capability that continually enhances and maintains key business applications.
- Lead a team of high performing professionals and provide coaching, guidance, and development opportunities.
- Provide subject matter expertise in various forums to ensure that key business outcomes and objectives are delivered.
What we’re looking for:
- You’ve previously managed a business/enterprise applications function and have had experience in the continual optimisation of ERP, CRM and other business critical apps.
- You’ve previously managed both delivery and support capability.
- You’re extremely comfortable managing technical and non-technical discussions with Executive level stakeholders and presenting business focused view of applications.
- You’ve got a track record of delivering solutions that have had a significant impact.
- Ideally, you’ve also led a data insights capability.
Why choose us?
- We believe everyone is unique, and we want you to bring your + to work every day
- Flexibility – we help our people to balance their Interactive lives as they need it
- We’re a sustainable organisation. As a RE100 member, we’ve promised to be 100% sustainable by 2025
- Developing our people means everything to us – we take our people’s growth and development seriously, so much so that we’ve developed our own bespoke technical academies
- And importantly, we genuinely want you to make a difference.
…Oh, and don’t forget all the perks and fun stuff
- Paid volunteer leave, fundraising events, numerous staff benefits and discounts from some of our amazing partners, monthly staff lunches and a free on-site barista in our Melbourne and Sydney offices
A bit more about interactive
We are an Australian end-to-end IT services provider. We deliver an integrated suite of managed and professional services to customers who need 100% IT systems availability. We have had 30+ years of continuous growth and our business consists of three key areas – Cloud, Hardware Maintenance and Data Centre and Business Continuity services.
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!