IT & Telecomms
Interactive is Australia’s largest privately owned IT services provider. We support more than 2,500 Australian businesses to keep their organisations connected and secure.
Our customers trust us to hold their most important data, support their critical devices, and secure their systems.
And, not to boast, but we were named the #1 Best Place to Work in Australia 2020.
Making all of this happen is our talented, dedicated and unique people who bring our purpose, to Keep Technology Human, to life every day – and we’re adding to our team!
About the role:
As a Field Engineer, you will be key to keeping our customers most critical infrastructure up and running. Your role will cover preventative maintenance, installations, upgrades and you’ll also be great with customers, have excellent relationship building skills and always have the customer experience at the heart of everything you do.
We are after someone who has:
- Worked in a customer facing environment preferably as a Field Engineer.
- Storage experience (HP, Dell EqualLogic, EMC VNX, EVA, NetApp, Pure, 3PAR and IBM).
- Experience in Intel based Servers (HP, Dell, IBM and Lenovo).
- Experience in Tape Libraries (HP, IBM and Dell).
- Working knowledge of Cisco (working knowledge of loading IOS and Config files).
- Strong troubleshooting skillset.
- Logical thinker who can resolve problems through to conclusion.
- Able to work on an on-call roster.
- Must be Australian citizen (NV1 clearance highly regarded) and have full drivers license.
In addition, the following experience is not essential, but nice to have:
- Cisco experience and/or certifications.
- NetApp Storage systems experience and/or certifications.
- EMC experience and/or certifications.
Most importantly you must have a desire to continue to develop your technical skills and knowledge and to take on new products.
Why choose us?
- We believe everyone is unique, and we want you to bring your + to work every day
- Flexibility – we help our people to balance their Interactive lives as they need it
- We’re a sustainable organisation. As a RE100 member, we’ve promised to be 100% sustainable by 2025
- Developing our people means everything to us – we take our people’s growth and development seriously, so much so that we’ve developed our own bespoke technical academies
- And importantly, we genuinely want you to make a difference.
…Oh, and don’t forget all the perks and fun stuff
- Paid volunteer leave, fundraising events, numerous staff benefits and discounts from some of our amazing partners, monthly staff lunches and a free on-site barista in our Melbourne and Sydney offices
A bit more about interactive
We are an Australian end-to-end IT services provider. We deliver an integrated suite of managed and professional services to customers who need 100% IT systems availability. We have had 30+ years of continuous growth and our business consists of three key areas – Cloud, Hardware Maintenance and Data Centre and Business Continuity services.
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!