Data Centre Engineer (Team Leader)
IT & Telecomms
Interactive is Australia’s largest privately owned IT services provider. We support more than 2,500 Australian businesses to keep their organisations connected and secure.
Our customers trust us to hold their most important data, support their critical devices, and secure their systems.
And, not to boast, but we were named the #1 Best Place to Work in Australia 2020.
Making all of this happen is our talented, dedicated and unique people who bring our purpose, to Keep Technology Human, to life every day – and we’re adding to our team!
About the role:
In an era of uncertainty, our state of the art, ISO 27001 accredited data centres located across Australia ensure our customers data is always secure.
As a team leader in our Data Centre, you will be responsible for ensuring our data centre service is best in class. Based in Eight Mile Plains, you will lead the Data Centre team with the day-to-day operations by providing high quality & efficient customer service and maintaining the critical electrical, mechanical and data infrastructure in our Data Centre’s.
Some of the key things you’ll do
- Lead a team of engineers to provide secure, resilient and quality data centre and business continuity services to maximise the customer experience and enable customers to achieve their business objectives.
- Manage medium to large projects including the coordination of installation and removal of computer hardware and related activities and events and provide consultancy services to customers relating to such matters.
- Ensure service delivery in the data centre is in line with contractual terms.
- Ensure Data Centre maintenance activities are performed to agreed standards and records kept in alignment with quality standards ISO 9001, and Information Security management systems ISO 27001.
- Provide technical assistance to the Sales and Account Executive teams as this relates to data centre services.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in managing a team, including leadership, management, mentoring, business and reporting skills.
- Experience with data centre infrastructure and data centre operations.
- Good electrical knowledge relating to data centre power supply, including understanding of UPS, power distribution and backup power generation.
We won’t list desired personality traits because in addition to the skills it is also important for us that our people bring their own unique personality and characteristics.
Why choose us?
- We believe everyone is unique, and we want you to bring your + to work every day
- Flexibility – we help our people to balance their Interactive lives as they need it
- We’re a sustainable organisation. As a RE100 member, we’ve promised to be 100% sustainable by 2025
- Developing our people means everything to us – we take our people’s growth and development seriously, so much so that we’ve developed our own bespoke technical academies
- And importantly, we genuinely want you to make a difference.
…Oh, and don’t forget all the perks and fun stuff
- Paid volunteer leave, fundraising events, numerous staff benefits and discounts from some of our amazing partners, monthly staff lunches and a free on-site barista in our Melbourne and Sydney offices
A bit more about interactive
We are an Australian end-to-end IT services provider. We deliver an integrated suite of managed and professional services to customers who need 100% IT systems availability. We have had 30+ years of continuous growth and our business consists of three key areas – Cloud, Hardware Maintenance and Data Centre and Business Continuity services.
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!